The Oyo State Police Command and its operatives have attacked some #TakeItBack Movement’s protesters who protested in Ibadan, the state capital.

SaharaReporters learnt that some officials of the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC) allegedly paid the police more than N600,000 to attack and shoot at the peaceful protesters.

The protesters, who were harassed by the policemen, are billed to hold follow-up protest in Ibadan on Wednesday and Thursday.

A source, who revealed this to SaharaReporters, said the Regional Security Officer for Ibadan, Opeyemi Adebayo, had reportedly ordered the police officers to shoot at members of the #TakeItBack movement led by human rights’ activist, Omoyele Sowore during their peaceful protest.

The source added that the policemen under the watch of the state Commissioner of Police, Ngozi Onadeko, were paid the money to carry out the “task seamlessly.”

The source said, “The Regional Security Officer, Opeyemi Adebayo, and his boss paid the police a huge amount of the money to defend them. He was also the one who arranged the boys who slapped you at the protest today.

“Opeyemi paid the police for two days; trust me the police will be at the Capital building tomorrow (Wednesday). Opeyemi ordered the police to shoot you guys; he paid the police extra cash for bullet and the Oyo State CP is aware of everything.

“IBEDC gave the CP N600,000 to mobilise the officers you saw today (Monday) and it was Opeyemi, the RSO that brought the idea.”

Human rights’ activist, Sowore, had earlier urged Nigerians to join the August 5 nationwide protest taking place across all cities and towns in the continuation of the #RevolutionNow and #TakeItBack struggles.

He had made the call to action on his Twitter handle with a post that read, “Nigeria is haemorrhaging the blood of its citizens.”

He had tweeted, “#BuhariMustGo #RevolutionNow #FreeMaziNnamdiKanuNow #FreesundayIgboho #FreeDunamis5 # August 5th Day of Action Against Tyranny of the @MBuhari bloodthirsty, inhuman, corrupt, nepotistic, tribalistic, bigoted regime of impunity! Get Ready! #EnoughIsEnough #EndbadgovernanceNow.”

Sowore had noted that only a revolution could set Nigerians free from the shackles of bad leadership and tyranny in the country while adding that the results of the 2023 general elections had been written in advance by Nigeria’s corrupt leaders.

He had enjoined all aggrieved Nigerians to come out en masse and protest against the hardship to which the current administration subjected people them.

“Our demands are clear and non-negotiable! Join the August 5th nationwide protest against corruption and tyranny in Nigeria.

“Enough is Enough! You’re #Shiites, #IPOB, #ODUDUWA, #ENDSARS, #Students, market men and women, citizens who can’t cope with rising food prices, workers whose miserable salaries are cut in half, business people whose businesses have been ruined by economic mismanagement, farmers whose farmlands have been destroyed...come out on August 5th 2021.

“It will be a total lockdown at home and abroad, shops, schools, businesses are advised to observe strict closures. Only essential services will be allowed!

“Imagine this audacious assault of our collective intelligence! The greatest yahoo yahoo man in Nigeria is Hushdaddy Muhammadu Buhari. Munafukin Banza!

“This is the reason they keep asking you to go and wait for 2023 because the results of the election have been written in advance. By the time you wake up to reality, it will be too late. Only a revolution can secure your freedom as literate Nigerians from these venomous internal colonisers. Revolutionnow Global Mass Action.

“Venue: Every Town, Every City. Every Nigerian Embassy and Consulate Outside Nigeria. Time: 7 am prompt. Those that can’t join the mass action are advised to stay at home and close their shops, businesses and schools. No sacrifice is too much,” he had said.

 

You may also like

Read Next

For comments view this content on the regular site.